Meditation for a stress-free life
- The course: Learn the technique, understand the principles of meditation, and get guidance for your practice
- Suitable for: All including beginners, those new to this technique and for those of any faith or none
- Content: Talk on meditation practice with short periods of meditation and Q&A sessions
- Format: The course can be taken in 2 parts (one weekday evening on consecutive weeks), or in a single, condensed session on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon
All courses are free, donations welcome. You don't need to bring or wear anything special - come as you are!
Our mind is the powerhouse through which we achieve and enjoy everything in life - but its cravings are also the cause of tension, insecurity and loss of peace. Everyone knows how important it is to have a healthy body, but how to have a healthy mind is often overlooked.
Through regular practice of meditation it is possible to live without the stress and anxieties that often invade life in this modern age. With our minds under our own control, concentrated and focussed we can achieve the best in whatever we wish to pursue while also considering the needs of others.
In this course you will:
- learn a simple and powerful meditation technique practised by great meditation masters
- understand clearly what makes meditation effective
- get help and guidance to start your own regular practice
Who is it for?
No prior experience with meditation is required and beginners are most welcome. The course starts with basic principles and progresses into higher concepts, building a solid foundation for you to establish your own practice.
Experienced meditators will benefit from the insight into the practice of meditation and learn how to progress further. If you already have a meditation practice, please be assured that there is no conflict with the meditation presented in this course. The key concepts are universally applicable and will aid you in taking your own practice further.
The course is run in two sessions (one weekday evening per week). There will be a talk in each session, a period of meditation practice with a question-and-answer session. Core concepts of the Jangama Meditation practice are covered in detail over these two sessions. Participants should attend both parts of the course as each is designed to build progressively onto the next.
There is also a condensed version of the course held over a single Saturday or Sunday afternoon, for those who may be unable to attend the weekday sessions.
All our courses are free of charge, and you don't need to bring or wear anything special. Just dress comfortably so you can sit for short periods of meditation. Please contact us if you have any accessibility requirements. All courses are free and donations to cover costs are received with thanks.