The Meditation Course
- The course: Learn the technique, understand the principles on which meditation works and explore its philosophy and spiritual purpose up to the ultimate achievement - Self Realisation.
- Suitable for: Anyone interested in meditation including beginners, those new to this technique and those of any faith or none.
- Content: Each week a particular aspect of meditation is explained, plus a short meditation and question and answer session.
- Format: There are 4 separate sessions, each covering an aspect of meditation. You can attend all four parts as a course, or any individual parts that you are interested in. There are also occasional single, condensed classes on a Saturday or Sunday.
All classes and courses are free, donations to help cover the costs are welcome. You don’t need to bring or wear anything special - come as you are!
Throughout human history, the question of the fundamental nature of existence has always been a source of intrigue for the greatest minds. In the modern world, science has made great advances resulting in tremendous material progress. But the basic causes of unhappiness that lead to conflicts and suffering have not been understood and conquered.
Our mind is the powerhouse through which we achieve and enjoy everything in life - but its cravings are also the cause of tension, insecurity and loss of peace. Everyone knows how important it is to have a healthy body, but how to have a healthy mind is often overlooked.
Informed by the direct experiences and attainment of Shiva Rudra Balayogi (Babaji), this course focuses on the practice of meditation for peace of mind, contentment and the ultimate spiritual achievement – Self Realisation. Who are we really? Are we just this physical body which is born and dies or are we something beyond?
Babaji's unique teachings frame the answers to all these questions in terms of the mind, its nature and its acquired habits. The highest concepts are presented in clear and practical language, definitely making the Truth of Existence an achievable goal for sincere seekers.
In this course you will
- learn a simple and powerful meditation technique practised by great meditation masters
- understand clearly what makes meditation effective
- get help and guidance to start your own regular practice
The four classes are
How meditation works
How to live a stress-free life
Shaping a better future
Who is it for?
No prior experience with meditation is required and beginners are most welcome. The course starts with basic principles and progresses into higher concepts, building a solid foundation for you to establish your own practice. This course provides an ideal opportunity to learn directly from the experiences of a master who has pursued meditation practice to its ultimate achievement.
Experienced meditators will benefit from the insight into the practice of meditation and learn how to progress further. If you already have a meditation practice, please be assured that there is no conflict with the meditation presented in this course. The key concepts are universally applicable and will aid you in taking your own practice further.
There are 4 evening classes. Each one can be attended on its own, or you can combine them into one complete 4 week course. Each session contains a period of meditation practice with a question and answer session. The simple but powerful Jangama Meditation technique is given in each class prior to the meditation.
There is also a condensed version of the course held over a single Saturday or Sunday afternoon, for those who may be unable to attend the weekday sessions.
All our courses and classes are free of charge, and you don't need to bring or wear anything special. Just dress comfortably so you can sit for short periods of meditation. Please contact us if you have any accessibility requirements. All courses are free and donations to cover costs are received with thanks.